Welcome to the official blog for Villanova's Gender and Women's Studies program! Please come back often for information on events, programming, academic opportunities, alumni news, student accomplishments, and more! Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

GWS Student Spotlight: Kendall Connolly!

Name: Kendall Connolly

Year in school: Freshman

Majors and minors: Major in Nursing, Minor in Gender and Women’s Studies

Hometown: Ho-Ho-Kus, NJ

Favorite place you’ve ever traveled to: Puerto Rico

Favorite GWS class: Since I am only a freshman, I have not taken a course yet but I am looking forward to taking Gender in the World during my Spring semester of 2016.

Why do you study GWS/why is it important to you? 

I study GWS because I want to represent my gender in the fight for equal rights. Being a woman means being strong, not emotional, it means being passionate and powerful, not dramatic and weak. In today's society, women are masculinized whereas men are not feminized. I want to be able to be a woman and not have to be compared to a man, and because of that, I strive to educate myself to the best of my ability about gender and women's studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment